Wednesday, May 12, 2010

busted polini...



I took off the top end of the sebring to discover I fell victim to ring sticking, which explains my less than impressive compression. The jug still appears in good shape. Hopefully I'll be able to remove the ring somehow; if not, i'll have to look for a whole new piston. Single ringed top ends are the bane of my existence.

I dug out the stock top end and looked it over. The previous owner soft seized it and busted off an exhaust stud. I drilled it out, and tapped the wimpy m5's to a more manly m6 thread. It didn't look too far gone (I had an a35 top end that was soft seized more than once and still ran 35+) so I wasn't too concerned.

Oh yeah, I made a seat for the magdumb out of plywood, duct tape, staples, and an old burlap coffee sack. Surprisingly comfy:



Also-does anyone want a free korado frame?

Oh yeah, click on the ads on the side so i can get cash to blow on more parts.

No comments: